Disclaimer

The Migraine Girl's blog is not a substitute for professional advice! Thank you and be well.

Search This Blog

18 May 2008

medication overuse headache fear alert!

Today I woke with yet another migraine--perhaps it's the same one I've had since Friday and it keeps coming to the surface whenever I'm not under the influence of various drugs.

Suspecting I'd be outside much of the day in the super-pollinated air, I took an allergy pill--this sometimes helps stave off the Migraine attack. This time around it didn't help. I was tired, had that same pain in my lower back that's been haunting me for days, and had to give in and take a Maxalt when the headache kicked in in earnest in the afternoon. Wah!

Now I'm scared. What happens if I get another migraine tomorrow? I've taken the maximum amount of Maxalt I can take--three days' worth. A fourth day is a no-no because of the risk of medication overuse headache. And tomorrow and Tuesday are my last days of my tutoring job, so I can't skip out!

Here's to hoping today was the last day for a migraine this week.

3 comments:

Diana Lee said...

I'll keep my fingers crossed that you have good luck, sweetie.

To me this is a quintessential migraine-related fear moment. It's no wonder to me we all have so many emotional issues when we're constantly juggling all these factors and trying to do the right things for ourselves. It's overwhelming and tiring.

Hang in there.

Diana

Heather said...

Oh no...I am so sorry! Just when you were having a great day! But that's what happens to me so many times, too. I am going to say a prayer that your headache is better for these next two days so you're able to work. I hate that MOH fear...I swear...if it's not one thing, it's another with the "migraine monster..."

Debbie said...

I know that fear well. The what if I get a migraine and I am all out of Maxalt because I can only get 12/month? Well, just hang in there and live for today. What if may never come to pass.

My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://migraine.com/author/the-migraine-girl/
and update your bookmarks.