Disclaimer

The Migraine Girl's blog is not a substitute for professional advice! Thank you and be well.

Search This Blog

24 March 2007

owwwww....

I've been quite under the weather lately, trying REALLY (I mean really!) hard to resist taking my Relpax + Naproxen combo when headachey since the pain has been so consistent. I can't tell if I'm suffering from the much-researched, much-talked-about medication overuse headache (MOH), spring weather trigger overload, or just a particularly bad Migraine bout. I haven't had daily headache battles in quite awhile, and I feel pretty upset about their sudden return in the last few weeks. It's gotten me pretty down.

If I don't take Relpax right away, then I sit around feeling awful and am horrible company for others and, most notably, myself.

If I do take it, I worry that the next day my pain will be worse and I won't be *allowed* to take any more since I have to limit myself to two triptans a week.

Ay. Woe is me.
Sad hours seem long.

The end.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just a note--to my knowledge, naproxen is not very addictive, and for migraine triggered by menstruation (prostaglandins) it's very useful. During that time of the month I take it almost every day once or twice, or for several days in a row on and off, and still by the end of the month I hardly take it for two weeks. So I would say don't worry about it with naproxen. Especially since the EARLIER you take your migraine meds, the more effective they are!

My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://migraine.com/author/the-migraine-girl/
and update your bookmarks.