Disclaimer

The Migraine Girl's blog is not a substitute for professional advice! Thank you and be well.

Search This Blog

20 August 2008

Thursdays are the new Migraine Days

For the past few weeks, I've been feeling okay (not great) most days but terrible on Thursdays. I don't usually work on Fridays, so maybe the famous weekend headache is kicking up on Thursday since that's when relaxation time is *supposed* to begin.

In the last hour, I found out that the editing company I now work for wants me to do an editing project in less than 24 hours. I'm working on a project already, have to work this evening at the storytelling job, and have to babysit tomorrow during the day.

I sucked it up and told them no.

A revised due date of Friday was proposed, and I said yes if I could have it done by 3. I know that tomorrow (Thursday) evening is shot since I'm having a book club meeting over here, and I'm not sure how I'll be feeling before or after that meeting. (Who knows if I'll be okay during it? I've been cancelling Thursday activities for the last few weeks...)

My personal frustrations with this situation aren't what I want to focus on here. I guess what I want to highlight is the fact that a frequent migraineur must pull into account SO many factors when making a decision, especially a decision that will affect others' lives or work. I am a dependable person most of the time, but this disease has crippled me in that I often live in fear of disappointing someone by missing a deadline or a meeting.

Oh, blah.

Time to start working while I can!

3 comments:

Diana Lee said...

Sometimes I'm flat out sickened by how unreliable this disease has made me. I always took so much pride in being on time and being where I said I'd be. The past five years that has grown increasingly difficult. I hate it.

I hope you feel better soon. You deserve to have a nice, migraine free weekend.

Anonymous said...

Try: Bufferin 325mg, 3 pills, at start of headache, should find relief with 30 minutes.

Katie said...

I know, and that makes me so depressed. I've always had that problem. I'm a reliable, dependable girl, but as we all know, you can't mess around with a migraine and if you say you can't come to work or whatnot, you can't come to work. Even though we know this deep down, that doesn't stop the guilt. For me, though, the absolute worst part of the whole thing is the lack of understanding, especially in the workplace. We've all tried to explain our 4 day absence to our boss but they look at you like, "All that just for a headache?" It makes me so angry. If it were just a headache don't you think I would have been at work?

My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://migraine.com/author/the-migraine-girl/
and update your bookmarks.