Below I've copied a list of side effects for my newest drug, Zonegran. It's an anticonvulsant created to treat epileptic seizures, but it's also used for Migraine patients. Keep your fingers crossed. I, meanwhile, will be suffering from nausea. Ick.
(I've put in bold the side effects I'm feeling, having completed week 1 of treatment.)
"The most common side effects of Zonegran are drowsiness, loss of appetite, dizziness, headache, nausea, and agitation/irritability. These side effects usually occur within the first 4 weeks of therapy."
Luckily, I've not had any of the severe side effects listed below, but the ones in bold crack me up (and frighten me at the same time, of course).
Special Warning(s) with Zonegran:
Some people taking ZONEGRAN can get serious reactions including:
- Skin rash (may be a sign of a dangerous condition)
- Fever, sore throat, sores in your mouth, or bruising easily (may be signs of a blood problem)
- Sudden back pain, abdominal (stomach area) pain, pain when urinating, bloody or dark urine (may be signs of a kidney stone)
- Decreased sweating or a rise in body temperature (especially in patients under 17 years old)
- Unusual thoughts
- Speech or language problems
- Difficulty concentrating
- Coordination problems