Disclaimer

The Migraine Girl's blog is not a substitute for professional advice! Thank you and be well.

Search This Blog

22 December 2008

9 days and counting


Excuse me if I sicken you with my sickly sweet view of the world again, but I'm feeling great! The past few days I have been staying at my friends' new house in Atlanta, and I've been overexposed to triggers that usually work on me like clockwork, causing me to pop a few triptans in order to function.

Here are the things that usually tip me over the edge, especially over Christmas:

drinking a fair bit of alcohol (two nights in a row, at that!)
sleeping in a place where cats might jump on you and meow in the middle of the night
slight cat allergies (sad.)
changing weather patterns (sunny to cloudy, cloudy to rainy, rainy to soaked, creepily warm to freezing)
interrupted/disrupted sleep (2:30 AM bedtime one night, 4:45 AM the next, 11:45 PM the next)
driving in the car in unfamiliar, trafficky areas
having my period
exposure to fluorescent lights
exposure to cigarette smoke
loud music

In the last four days, I have experienced inordinate amounts of the above-listed triggers and am still alive to tell the tale. Nine days without the need to take a Relpax or Maxalt--and on those days I've felt really good, not half-blah as I often do on my non-migraine days.

Of course I'm hesitant to chalk it all up to the 4-6 weeks of regular exercise, but I do think that's the key player in this equation. Add that to the fact that I am hopeful--truly hopeful!--about my chances of operating like a normal human being again and you get one optimistic, good-feelin' girl.

Merry Christmas. I hope my next post is just as pain-free, and I wish you all happy, HEALTHY holidays!

3 comments:

Mary Carol said...

the only sad thing about this Xmas is that I won't see you and Jim! Hugs and kisses, Ma

Anonymous said...

My dentist told me he could help with my migraines and tension headaches. He said I might get migraines from clenching my teeth and that this dental guard would probably help me. He gave me this website to learn more: http://www.theheadacheremedy.com.

Has anyone heard about the NTI before? Does it work? I am intrigued.

Anonymous said...

It is good to hear that you are doing well. I have heard this before, that after a few weeks of regular exercise people can tolerate more triggers for migraine. Sometimes it really is about lifestyle changes!

My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://migraine.com/author/the-migraine-girl/
and update your bookmarks.